Somehow, I wish that I could get in the habit of writing something down in my blog everyday . . but I haven't learned how to properly manage my time yet. Sometimes it seems as though there's only 8 or 9 hours in a day. 5 to work, 1 to get there, another to get back . . .and a few more to help Briana with her homework.
I know that every parent probably says this about their child . . .but Briana is smart! She really is. So, why is it that every night she seems to have a mental breakdown and cannot seem to complete her homework assignments without me towering over her and breathing down her back? I mean, the child acts helpless. And the dramatics are unreal. "Oh Mom, I just can't do this alone. I just don't understand." Sometimes I have to bite my tongue to prevent myself from screaming at the top of my lungs. Is it really an act? Or did she honestly forget how to subtract those simple little numbers. Is something wrong with her? Or does she really love to feel my hot breath on the back of her neck all the time.
I don't want to seem like the bad guy here . . .because I'm not saying that the child doesn't have the God given right to get a little confused every now and then . . .but I really believe that it's an act. Drama Queen is her middle name. The kid LOOOOOOVVVVVES attention. I tried to get her a tutor (and tutoring aint cheap, ya know!) but she seemed bored. She's extremely articulate . . .and can knock out a creative writing story in 20 minutes flat. But somehow, when it comes to math, she suddendly comes down with amnesia, with a side order of dramatics.
I just don't know. I guess most of us had issues with math at one point or another. Hmph. I guess this too shall pass.
Well, it's 5:47 . . .and I'm off to PS 158 in East New York, Brooklyn to be principal for a day. This should be very interesting.
Talk to you later.