Some people NEED their MTV. Some people NEED a morning cup of coffee. Well, I NEED my gospel music to get me going in the morning. Gospel music speaks to me the way NOTHING ELSE can. I need it first thing in the morning to set the tone for the day. Without it, I can become a little cranky.
So I'm sitting on the 8:39, on my way to Penn Station, getting ready to listen to Be Encouraged by John P Kee when my IPOD decides to malfunction. The pause button became stuck . . .and wouldn't play. NO WAY. I just bought this stupid thing 3 months ago. And it wasn't cheap either. I figured I'd try it again. When my computer gets stuck at home, all I do is reset it by turning it on and off so I'm sure I can solve the problem rather quickly - - -but wait, the on/off button which also functions as the pause button is STUCK! I really could have cried at that point that was a day when I needed that musical inspiration like none other. All kinds of things started to through my mind like, "When it rains it pours" & "I'ma be Miss EVILena today."
I got onto the 1 train . which is the last leg of my morning commute when 4 gentlemen boarded the train and broke out into 4 part harmony singing the very inspiration that I craved 20 minutes prior. It's like I could hardly believe it! It was almost like they KNEW what I needed and gave it to me 20 fold. They even gave me a couple of extra bars. I felt so overwhelmed until I actually shed a tear. Right before they went into the next car, the lead singer of the quartet said, "I don't know what's wrong with them Ladies & Gentlemen. It's like they won't shut up this morning!!!" The passengers all laughed . . .and there I stood with tears in my eyes. I graciously pulled out a 5 dollar bill and placed it the paper bag that one of the men had.
They just don't know how much they blessed me that day.